We’ve all said it before; “I should have saw the signs”. Regardless what we have said it about, we likely regret not noticing or paying attention to the signs earlier than we did. Usually by the time that we are admitting that we missed key indicators, for whatever the “thing” may be, it is too late. Bed bugs are pests that you can watch for signs for and eliminate before it is too late. Bed bugs are pests that are a real problem for thousands of home and business owners throughout Ohio. You need to watch for signs of bed bugs around your Ohio home and business.
Anyone is susceptible to a bed bug infestation. It doesn’t matter if your Northwest Ohio or Southeast Michigan home or business is big, small, clean, or dirty. You can determine whether you have a bed bug infestation by looking for the right signs. Early detection helps make the elimination process easier and less frustrating.
One of the easiest ways to identify a bed bug infestation is by the tell-tale bite marks on the face, neck, arms, hands, or any other body parts while sleeping. However, these bite marks may take as long as 14 days to develop in some people, so it is important to look for other clues when determining if bed bugs have infested an area (CDC). Below are other bed bug signs to watch for around your Ohio or Michigan home or business to allow you to identify a bed bug infestation before it gets out of hand.
- Finding bed bugs’ exoskeletons throughout your home or business. Bed bugs leave behind casings or eggshells. While these are usually small and hard to see due to their color, they can often be found in clusters. It is unlikely you will see them, but like all signs, you may get lucky.
- Locating bed bugs in the fold of mattresses and sheets. Pull the sheets off your mattress and check along the seams of the mattress. Look between the mattress and box spring. Check between the mattress and the headboard, as well as between the mattress and the footboard.
- Discovering small brown or tan streaks on your sheets, blankets, pillows, and/or on the mattress or nearby furniture. Sometimes bed bugs leave excrement behind as they travel over your furniture. Both excrement and blood droplets show up best on light-colored items.
- Smelling a sweet musty odor. When bed bugs shed or simply die, they leave behind a distinct musty smell.
- Seeing the bed bugs themselves is perhaps the most obvious sign you can find in your Ohio or Michigan home or business. Since adult bed bugs are large enough to see without the aid of a magnifying glass, you just have to know where to look for them.
- Look behind picture frames hanging on the wall.
- Check along the edges of the room where the wall meets the floor, as well as in cracks and crevices in the floor.
- Inspect along the seams of upholstered furniture, not just in the bedroom, but in every room of your house and business.
- Unscrew outlet covers and check behind them. This is how bed bugs get into the walls and travel from room to room.
If you have discovered signs of bed bugs around your Ohio home or business, you’ll want to act immediately to deal with the infestation. Bed bugs breed quickly, and a small infestation will soon become a large infestation if not rapidly eliminated.
Enlist the help of the professional pest control experts at Delving Pest Control. We can treat both recently discovered and bed bug prolonged infestations. The leading, proven way to rid your home or office space of bed bugs is with thermal and heat treatment. Delving Pest control is the leading discreet bed bug exterminator in Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan. Our vehicles are unmarked for your privacy.
Contact us today for a free inspection and strategy to help eliminate your bed bug issues.